JamesProvost

Post Your Workspace!

My home office, a 17" MacBook Pro and a 24" Dell Ultrasharp. 6"x8" Wacom tablet, Wireless Mighty Mouse and external aluminum keyboard for input.

My mobile office, just the MacBook, mouse & tablet.

Where do you work? Show us your setups, your desks, your offices, your views.

jhatch

Re: Post Your Workspace!

This is great! Looks like you live in a city?

JamesProvost

Yup, downtown Vancouver. Olympics central.

TekART

Not the prettiest place in the world, but the imac is sure nice. ;-)

clint

Yea I love my Imac.

JamesProvost

I'm hoping for updated Mac Pros and Cinema Displays. My MBP has served me well, especially after I installed a solid state drive, but for the amount of time I spend in front of a computer, I think I can justify the upgrade!

clint

I have MBP that I used to use before I got my imac, great machine. My wife uses it now but for the 4-5 years or so we've had it there has been zero problems.

davvi

I prefer a rather simplistic workspace. Having too many things on my desk that don't have anything to do with the project at hand can get irritating.
Hardware-wise: iMac (27 inch), Wacom Tablet, and Unibody MBP for offsite work. I've also switched to a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse in place of Apple's Magic Mouse; much lighter, almost no wrist strain at the end of the day.

http://www.davvi.com

Stevenwhoward

P9060482.JPG
I am not yet a professional, but still needed something to help me in my schoolwork and other illustrations. With the limited space in my apartment my workspace is stuffed beneath my loft bed. I bought an extra keyboard and glued a trackball mouse to my chair as I am far from my labtop and don't like to have to lean over to type or use the trackpad to search. I also have a bulletin board to post up any reference pics and my beautiful glass drafting table below that. I needed a larger light box, so this was the next step (a light is underneath the table in case I need to trace over pencil roughs)- I like to work traditional and then transfer over to digital to finish things off. My other baby is the newest Cintiq 21UX that has sped up a lot of my work. Have to thank my mom for the nice financial contribution to get this!

Admin
Site Admin

Nice! I'm looking to pick up a Cintiq in the new year. How do you like the 21? Did you try the 12 at all?

Return to “General”