Stevenwhoward

Flickr and other self-promotional sites

I was wondering what everyone's take is on what sites are most beneficial to use to promote yourself as a technical illustrator and most helpful in getting recognized by potential clients. I currently have two blogs (one as my main webpage- only due to the fact that my personal webpage was somewhat of a pain setting up which I plan on revitalizing and using again). I've noticed a lot are using Flickr, secondary to their main site. Has that been helpful for some of you in regards to getting work? What other sites do you use to promote your work? What sites do you use to set up your main website? For example, I was trying to use Lunarpages. Thoughts?

LyleMills

Re: Flickr and other self-promotional sites

I would think that having your own portfolio/business site with a proper domain name would be best. Then you would have to get it "seen" by the search engines. Then when people search for technical illustrators or illustration, your site comes up. Flickr is a good free one and there are a few groups that your work can be connected with such as technical illustration or simply illustration. However, there is also a lot of stuff for potential clients to wade through to see your stuff, along with other peoples work as well.

Return to “General”