Mike A

Re: Perspective question

The Lynx - along with most of my 3D stuff - is done with a combination of FormZ and / or Cinema 4D. C4D is better at modelling organic shapes and is good for texturing and rendering; FormZ is rather more 'engineering' oriented and is good for more 'precision' modelling. They both have their strengths - but neither are a 'perfect' fit for me.

I think this 3D software choice is a very personal thing. It all depends on your individual approach and the sort of work you do. I think the only way you can really find the right program is to try them. That means learning them - at least enough do do some representitive work in them - and using them for a while. That demands much time and effort - so it hasn't got done in my case.

Max, Maya, XSI, Modo, Rhino... one of them - or some other - might be a better fit for me. Maybe I should really get down to trying them out.

In an ideal world I want a program with a good mix of CAD/engineering - and - organic modelling capabilities - and - the level of texturing and rendering capabilities found in C4D - all wrapped up in an interface that suits my way of working :lol:

Return to “General”