thinkdan

Hello from Calgary AB

Hey there,

My name is Dan and I work for a tool making company in town, specializing in illustration and print design for the marketing department. I have been in the print industry for about 8 years. Any other people in marketing? What kind of things do you make?

I saw that there are some gear heads on here too...I have a slight obsession with motorcycles.

Where are you all from?

Dan

Don Cheke

Re: Hello from Calgary AB

Welcome Dan,

I am a CAD and Graphics freelancer based out of Saskatoon. I specialize in 3D visuals and providing comprehensive TurboCAD tutorials. I have a few long time clients in various fields (mechanical design, trade show booth visuals with large format graphics, bed manufacturing/store presentation, and general advertising (product visuals) that keep me relatively busy. The tutorial writing also fills any gaps when client needs wane, as they do from time to time. I have been doing this full time since 2004. I was introduced to 3D in 2002. Before that I was just someone who loved to draw for pleasure.

I find the work that the illustrators on this site do to be very inspirational and even though many are strictly 2D illustrators one can gain a lot of insight into presentation (which can be incorporated into my 3D work).

Sadly, the forum is very quiet most of the time. It would be nice to see much more participation but I don't know how one can make that happen.
Last edited by Don Cheke on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

matt_lorenzi

Matt Lorenzi here from New Westminster, BC...formerly from Calgary. I'm in a few things right now: graphic / web design, technical writing and illustration. Wish I could focus on just one, but not quite enough work coming my way to be choosy. A few of my most detailed illustrations are motorcycles....they have a lot of detail to capture. I am by no means a technical illustrator to the same level as some of the other people on here. Yet, they are a friendly bunch and usually have time for me :)

Mike A

Hi Dan - and welcome. It's great to see some new names on the forum - not that there is anything wrong with the existing ones of course :) - we could just do with some more joiners. It's a very selective high class club you know ;)

I have a long and twisted background that wandered through design for print - many years ago... and I actually have a background in marketing and advertising too... although I don't normally admit it :)

Return to “General”