Don Cheke

Re: Introductions

Sam_Cox wrote:Howdy,

I have been visiting the site for a while and thought I would join the forum and introduce myself. I graduated from the North Carolina State University College of Design in 2011 with a degree in graphic design and have been working as a designer since then. I'm completely fascinated by the world of technical illustration and love history and science and any kind of informational graphics. I just feel at home browsing through the great work here. You can find my graphic design portfolio at http://www.samuelwcox.com

One of my goals is to move my work more into the illustration/information graphics field whether that be learning GIS and data visualization, or focusing on my traditional art skills. Ultimately, I love making anything that requires precision, accuracy, and clarity. I want to use design as a way help people learn and see things they've never considered before. One of my absolute favorite illustrators is Stephen Biesty http://www.stephenbiesty.co.uk/galleries_main.html. I grew up on his cut-away books.

Anywho, I'll have to post some work soon and perhaps some specific questions for you guys.
Welcome to the forum Sam.
It looks like you've worked on some very interesting projects and done a great job of them, based on what you have on your web page.

Georg

Hello,

My name is Georg and a half year ago, when I met the "technical illustrators world" and this site, I decided to learning this. I never went to art school, but I drawing a long ago as a hobby. So technical illustration is something what I want to try, because looks interesting and it's a good challenge =).
Sorry for my short introduction, sometimes I hardly find words =), but I trying to be more active in illustration and maybe, posting some artwork here.
And a question, if I need critique about my work or help, can I make a personal topic in the forum ?

JamesProvost

Georg wrote:And a question, if I need critique about my work or help, can I make a personal topic in the forum ?
Hi Georg! Sure, if you have any questions or want some feedback, feel free to make your own post.

Welcome to the forums!

Return to “General”