clint

Re: Introductions

Hi Glen,

Good to have you here, nice portfolio you have too. I love the 3d work.
Thanks for coming, I hope the site will be useful for you.

clint

Kevin Prendergast

really nice stuff Glen, like that DAF motor and the jeep. 3d is obviously your strong side.

Mark Saunders

Hello! I've been lurking on this site for some time and finally decided to sign up. Thought it'd be courteous to sign up and say hello (and to to say I'm blown away by the talent on here...)

Don Cheke

Mark Saunders wrote:Hello! I've been lurking on this site for some time and finally decided to sign up. Thought it'd be courteous to sign up and say hello (and to to say I'm blown away by the talent on here...)
Hi Mark,

I am very new to this forum too, but welcome. You have lots of cool things to look at on your website.

What kind of software are you using for your various genre of illustration and modeling?

theglenster

hey Mark,

a welcome from me too :)

cheers
glen

Mark Saunders

Don Cheke wrote:
Hi Mark,

I am very new to this forum too, but welcome. You have lots of cool things to look at on your website.

What kind of software are you using for your various genre of illustration and modeling?
Hello Don,

I use a ton of different apps to get my end results, the 2d stuff would be mainly in illustrator, the 2d animated stuff is a mix of illustrator, flash, 3ds max and poser. The 3d stuff is Max and edited in premier (not all my own models though, chunks where supplied from autotrol, the rest I fluffed), the other titles are after effects. The trickiest bit is trying to put down on my CV what to call it all - animated technical illustrations? Animated infographics? God knows...

alanp

Hi, I'm Alan and new here. Sorry if I was rude in not properly introducing myself before posting. First of all, I'd like to thank the founders of and contributors to this site for what you've created.

...though I do feel out of place introducing myself here.

The work I've done doesn't fit with the type and quality of work others on this forum do. I also don't have training or an education intended for technical illustration. I'm more of a corporate grunt who does many things other than illustrating despite title and job description. Lately there has been very little illustration in a job which has turned out to be more of a documentation group production job.

What illustration samples I have online are not impressive and it's not a site I advertise or update, so I'm hesitant to post a link. When I was last looking for a job I'd just put up a simple portfolio of staff work that I emailed out as a sample preview before a couple of interviews. It's still pretty much just bits and pieces of things I have on there.

In short, I didn't plan on a career in TI, but it's the general type of work I've been doing mostly since college. I'm interested to learn more about the field from those with intentional and successful careers as technical illustrators. Even if it means just reading site content and admiring peoples' work. :-)

Thanks again for the site.

--

BTW, I did work w/"old pros" who inked and airbrushed work in the past. Some made the transition to digital better than others. They were anonymous corp grunts like myself but good artists. I have some samples of traditional renderings that I rescued from a dept. that was "Kaizened" (we threw all the old shit out and were downsized) that I was thinking of digging up and scanning in to share.

Don Cheke

Mark Saunders wrote:
Don Cheke wrote:
Hi Mark,

Hello Don,

I use a ton of different apps to get my end results, the 2d stuff would be mainly in illustrator, the 2d animated stuff is a mix of illustrator, flash, 3ds max and poser. The 3d stuff is Max and edited in premier (not all my own models though, chunks where supplied from autotrol, the rest I fluffed), the other titles are after effects. The trickiest bit is trying to put down on my CV what to call it all - animated technical illustrations? Animated infographics? God knows...
Thanks Mark. The end result is what matters and you are getting good results.

Don Cheke

alanp wrote:Hi, I'm Alan and new here.
Welcome Alan.

I be curious to see some scans of the previous work, whenever you get a chance.

MedjidB

Hi everyone,

:shock: :shock: :? :lol: :|
Last edited by MedjidB on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”