matt_lorenzi

Has anyone used Kevin Hulsey's vector nut and bold library?

A little premature, but I may be looking at getting the vector nut and bold library created by Kevin Hulsey.

This looks like it could be a huge time saver.

A couple of questions though. These don't look to be isometric as they look to have perspective, and are available at various angles. How would I prepare the rest of my illustration in order to make use of these fasteners. For example, if I use the the nut and bolt created at 40°, is that 40° from the horizontal? The other thing I'm not sure of is the level of perspective. Would I just have to scale, rotate and skew until it "looked" right? Or perhaps these are meant more for an exploded view?

http://www.automotiveillustrations.com/ ... bolts.html

JamesProvost

Re: Has anyone used Kevin Hulsey's vector nut and bold libra

The 30° or 35° should work in an isometric drawing (technically an isometric ellipse is 35 degrees and 16 minutes).

The others should work fine in any parallel or perspective system. Just use the one that looks right and rotate it to align the minor axis towards the vanishing point. No skewing necessary.

matt_lorenzi

Thanks James. Always one to answer my threads (when on one else will).

royscorer

Hi, a bit late but just started on here. A great source of very nice priced fixings, springs pipe work can be found here.

http://www.industrial-artworks.co.uk/te ... brary.html

I found KH's nut symbols to not have paths connected and therefore not neat enough so end up having to tinker with every time. just my opinion.

Return to “General”