Don Cheke

Re: New Work

Thant is pretty cool James. Was it hard to do?

JamesProvost

The programming wasn't hard, but I had a few false starts because I hadn't thought the problem through all the way.

The process will be much smoother next time!

jhatch

James, That Drone art and effect is pretty awesome, well done. I put up some new KLIM art and really enjoyed pushing my vector work a bit more inspired by people on here: http://www.hatchillustrations.com/KLIM- ... ustrations

Don Cheke

jhatch wrote:James, That Drone art and effect is pretty awesome, well done. I put up some new KLIM art and really enjoyed pushing my vector work a bit more inspired by people on here: http://www.hatchillustrations.com/KLIM- ... ustrations
Those are terrific illustrations Jim. Thanks for sharing the link. I can't help but think, when I view your work, how much effort it must take to put all that together. When you work on projects like this are you usually under tight deadlines? If it is not too personal a question, how many hours do you think you would have spent on the KLIM Adventure Jacket Illustrations?

jhatch

Don Cheke wrote:
jhatch wrote:James, That Drone art and effect is pretty awesome, well done. I put up some new KLIM art and really enjoyed pushing my vector work a bit more inspired by people on here: http://www.hatchillustrations.com/KLIM- ... ustrations
Those are terrific illustrations Jim. Thanks for sharing the link. I can't help but think, when I view your work, how much effort it must take to put all that together. When you work on projects like this are you usually under tight deadlines? If it is not too personal a question, how many hours do you think you would have spent on the KLIM Adventure Jacket Illustrations?

Hi Don, Thanks for taking the time to check out my work. I would say overall maybe a week per jacket set but most of the time was in the initial set up and creating all the peices that would eventually become the layers. There was no real photo reference to work from that was in the proper form for any of it so I had to freehand draw everything into the proper perspective and did take liberties for style sake as opposed to just tracing something. I did have the samples in my office so that was very helpful. It was a very tight deadline getting in under the catalog printing dates.

Jim

jhatch

That is simply amazing! Can you share more about how you are creating these? Beautiful.

Don Cheke

This is fantastic Aaron. Thanks for sharing your work.

abrown

Hi Jim. I model these in 3dsmax and solidworks 99 (old) , and render them in 3dsmax. I build a rough in 3dsmax first, and use this as a reference when I model it in solidworks; I find that this helps me resolve geometry problems a little earlier in the process. I render them using max’s mental ray renderer. I usually have to render the objects in sections; the models can be larger than what available memory will allow. I also use the ‘mr_proxies’ feature quite a bit—this helps with the point counts. Thanks for the compliment.

JamesProvost

Wow, really cool, abrown! Great work!

Return to “General”